Schneider Electric Launches Cisco Product Pairings
The company will demonstrate these future product parings at Cisco Live, Cisco’s European I.T. and communications conference.
Pairings include Schneider Electric StruxureWare for Data Centers Suite Cisco UCS Manager Plug-In – a product pairing aimed at improving energy efficiency and design of data centers.
Schneider will also demonstrate the compatibility of Schneider Electric PowerChute Network Shutdown and Cisco Unified Communications Manager. In the event of a loss of power, PowerChute allows for a correct shutdown of Cisco UCM, helping to prevent data corruption and enabling the quick reboot of unified communications systems upon restoration of power, Schneider says.
This announcement builds on the recently launched Schneider Electric Torana Application Server – a product which integrates Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture and the Cisco EnergyWise product.
In December 2011, Schneider Electric acquired Viridity’s energy center DCIM software to augment its StruxureWare for Data Center Operations.
The investment gives Schneider Electric the intellectual property rights and software behind the Viridity EnergyCenter 2.0 platform.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE