HireRight Data Centers Cut Energy 45%
The improvements increase performance by 50 percent, decrease power consumption by 45 percent and reduce data center square footage by 60 percent, HireRight says.
The new system features a 10-gigabit network capability from Cisco, uses data storage arrays from EMC and data encryption technology and standards from RSA. As a result of the upgrade, the number of data centers HireRite uses worldwide has been reduced from 10 to four.
HireRight provides screening solutions to more than one-third of the Fortune 500, and thousands of small businesses.
Earlier this month, Google announced that all of its U.S. data centers are now ISO 14001 certified.
While attaining the certification the Internet giant reduced oil consumption in its back up generators by 67 percent.
The company says that this makes it the first major internet services company to be awarded external certification of both ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 for all its data centers.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat