HireRight Data Centers Cut Energy 45%
The improvements increase performance by 50 percent, decrease power consumption by 45 percent and reduce data center square footage by 60 percent, HireRight says.
The new system features a 10-gigabit network capability from Cisco, uses data storage arrays from EMC and data encryption technology and standards from RSA. As a result of the upgrade, the number of data centers HireRite uses worldwide has been reduced¬†from 10 to four.
HireRight provides screening solutions to more than one-third of the Fortune 500, and thousands of small businesses.
Earlier this month, Google announced that all of its U.S. data centers are now ISO 14001 certified.
While attaining the certification the Internet giant reduced oil consumption in its back up generators by 67 percent.
The company says that this makes it the first major internet services company to be awarded external certification of both ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 for all its data centers.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System