Intertek, Fost Plus Launch Packaging Life-Cycle Tool
Pack4ecodesign offers guidelines for eco-friendly design, and provides users with the environmental impacts of their packaging designs, suggests various methods for improvement and instantly calculates the environmental gain from proposed changes, Intertek says.
The tool provides the ability to study more than 40 kinds of packaging and sub-packaging that can contain a wide variety of materials including: polyethylene terephthalate, paper, cardboard, glass or multilayer packaging, Intertek says. It can also provide users with specific tips to improve design aspects, which may include the reduction of packaging weight, transportation optimization or methods to improve recycling rates at the end-of-life.
In January, Plastics Today released its predictions for packaging trends in 2012.
Consumers should expect higher quantities of recycled materials in packaging and less access to single-use plastic carrier bags and bottles in the coming year, according to the predictions.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management