Intertek, Fost Plus Launch Packaging Life-Cycle Tool
Pack4ecodesign offers guidelines for eco-friendly design, and provides users with the environmental impacts of their packaging designs, suggests various methods for improvement and instantly calculates the environmental gain from proposed changes, Intertek says.
The tool provides the ability to study more than 40 kinds of packaging and sub-packaging that can contain a wide variety of materials including: polyethylene terephthalate, paper, cardboard, glass or multilayer packaging, Intertek says. It can also provide users with specific tips to improve design aspects, which may include the reduction of packaging weight, transportation optimization or methods to improve recycling rates at the end-of-life.
In January, Plastics Today released its predictions for packaging trends in 2012.
Consumers should expect higher quantities of recycled materials in packaging and less access to single-use plastic carrier bags and bottles in the coming year, according to the predictions.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners