Power Assure Launches Data Center Management System
Data center energy management firm Power Assure Inc., has announced an integrated data center power monitoring and analytics system that it says improves the reliability and energy-efficientcy of data centers.
The system uses Power Assure’s secure cloud-based EM/4 Energy Management software and Raritan’s intelligent power monitoring products. It provides accurate, real-time information on infrastructure performance.
In the system, the energy management software collects power usage and temperature data from Raritan’s branch circuit monitoring product and Raritan’s intelligent rack power distribution units. An ethernet connection then passes power data to Power Assure. Power Assure’s energy management system analyzes that data with the aim of helping data center managers use power resources more efficiently, improve uptime and reliability, reduce capital expenditures and save on operating expenses, Power Assure says.
Earlier this week, employment screening products firm HireRight announced that it had increased its date center performance by 50 percent, decreased power consumption by 45 percent and reduced square footage by 60 percent.
The company teamed up with Cisco, EMC and RSA on the improvements.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B