Siemens Launches Drive Train Savings Estimator
The Drive Technologies division of Siemens Industry Inc. has launched its online Energy Savings Estimator, a tool that allows companies using drives, motors, couplings and gearboxes to estimate potential energy savings across their entire drive train.
The online Energy Savings Estimator – which Siemens says is an industry first – requires the end user to submit existing data points about their current system, including parameters such as the drive train’s application, its horsepower and motor speeds.
Once the operating profile is entered, the online tool evaluates the potential for energy savings in kWh’s, dollars, CO2 emissions, and the return on investment for the recommended solution.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, the manufacturing sector accounts fro 70 percent of U.S. energy consumption. With energy efficiency initiatives, U.S. manufacturers could reduce energy consumption by as much as 30 percent, according to Siemens.
A report released by Siemens in January said that 31 percent of British energy managers do not think that energy efficiency is being taken seriously by their bosses.
However, 83 percent of directors believe that energy management matters are being paid enough attention, the Siemens Green League report said.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds
- CMU Energy Efficiency Efforts Save $10M in 7 Years
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20