Lighting Brief: Soraa, Cree and Marvell
California-based lighting startup Soraa has launched an LED lamp that it says emits more light per LED material and can handle more electric current per area than its competitors products. The Soraa LED MR16 lamp is the first LED bulb that rivals the light performance of a 50W halogen lamp, Soraa says.
Cree has introduced the XLamp® XT-E White LED – a product that it says delivers twice the lumens per dollar of other LEDs and features the highest performance and efficacy – the capacity to produce visible light – in the industry. The XT-E LED (pictured) more than doubles the lumens per watt of its predecessor XLamp XP-E LED family LEDs, providing up to 148 LPW at 85°C (185°F), or up to 162 LPW at 25°C (77°F), at 350mA.
Marvell has released the Marvell 88EM8183 deep dimming single-stage AC/DC LED driver integrated circuit. The 88EM8183 LED driver IC delivers the highest dimmer compatibility and lowest component count in the industry, while providing superior light quality and dimming performance comparable to incandescent bulbs, Marvell says.
Energy Manager News
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working