DuPont, 3M Meet EPA Perfluorinated Chemical Goals
All eight participating companies have informed EPA that they are on track to phase out LCPFCs by the end of 2015.
The EPA says that it remains concerned about LCPFCs being produced by companies that are not participating in the stewardship program and intends to take action to address those concerns as part of an ongoing effort outlined in 2009.
In 2010, IBM announced that it had eliminated perfluorooctane sulfonate and perfluorooctanoic acid compounds from its integrated chip manufacturing processes.
IBM eliminated PFOS and PFOA in its wet etch processes at the end of 2008, and eliminated them in its photolithography processes as of January 31, 2010, by working with its suppliers to develop alternative formulations.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses