DuPont, 3M Meet EPA Perfluorinated Chemical Goals
All eight participating companies have informed EPA that they are on track to phase out LCPFCs by the end of 2015.
The EPA says that it remains concerned about LCPFCs being produced by companies that are not participating in the stewardship program and intends to take action to address those concerns as part of an ongoing effort outlined in 2009.
In 2010, IBM announced that it had eliminated perfluorooctane sulfonate and perfluorooctanoic acid compounds from its integrated chip manufacturing processes.
IBM eliminated PFOS and PFOA in its wet etch processes at the end of 2008, and eliminated them in its photolithography processes as of January 31, 2010, by working with its suppliers to develop alternative formulations.
Energy Manager News
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes