DuPont, 3M Meet EPA Perfluorinated Chemical Goals
All eight participating companies have informed EPA that they are on track to phase out LCPFCs by the end of 2015.
The EPA says that it remains concerned about LCPFCs being produced by companies that are not participating in the stewardship program and intends to take action to address those concerns as part of an ongoing effort outlined in 2009.
In 2010, IBM announced that it had eliminated perfluorooctane sulfonate and perfluorooctanoic acid compounds from its integrated chip manufacturing processes.
IBM eliminated PFOS and PFOA in its wet etch processes at the end of 2008, and eliminated them in its photolithography processes as of January 31, 2010, by working with its suppliers to develop alternative formulations.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project