DuPont, 3M Meet EPA Perfluorinated Chemical Goals
All eight participating companies have informed EPA that they are on track to phase out LCPFCs by the end of 2015.
The EPA says that it remains concerned about LCPFCs being produced by companies that are not participating in the stewardship program and intends to take action to address those concerns as part of an ongoing effort outlined in 2009.
In 2010, IBM announced that it hadÂ eliminatedÂ perfluorooctane sulfonate and perfluorooctanoic acid compounds from its integrated chip manufacturing processes.
IBM eliminated PFOS and PFOA in its wet etch processes at the end of 2008, and eliminated them in its photolithography processes as of January 31, 2010, by working with its suppliers to develop alternative formulations.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses