Universal Lubricants Releases Recycled Oil for CNG Fleets
Eco Ultra CNG completely eliminates new petroleum products from circulation in CNG fleets while also meeting engine manufacturers’ specifications and Society of Automotive Engineers requirements, the company says.
The oil is manufactured in Universal’s “closed loop” manufacturing system, meaning that the company both supplies the product, and collects it after it has been used. Collected Oil is then re-refined. Currently only 10 percent of U.S. motor oil is re-refined, Universal says.
Eco Ultra CNG is available as a SAE 30, 40 and 15W40.
The company has also released Orion, a traditional lubricant produced from a virgin base oil, also for use in CNG fleets. Universal also collects used Orion for reprocessing.
In January, AT&T ordered 1,200 Chevrolet Express compressed natural gas cargo vans for delivery to its service centers nationwide. General Motors said it was its largest ever order of CNG vehicles.
Energy Manager News
- IRS to Buildings Owners: “We’re From the Government and We’re Here to Help”
- CT Hospital, Soltage, Tenaska Unveil Solar Plant
- FAA Pays to Upgrade Airport Hangar Heating
- Maryland Electric Coops Mount FERC Challenge to Community Solar Garden Retail Prices
- SEIA Releases Updated Version of ‘Guide to Federal Tax Incentives’
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps