Universal Lubricants Releases Recycled Oil for CNG Fleets
Eco Ultra CNG completely eliminates new petroleum products from circulation in CNG fleets while also meeting engine manufacturers’ specifications and Society of Automotive Engineers requirements, the company says.
The oil is manufactured in Universal’s “closed loop” manufacturing system, meaning that the company both supplies the product, and collects it after it has been used. Collected Oil is then re-refined. Currently only 10 percent of U.S. motor oil is re-refined, Universal says.
Eco Ultra CNG is available as a SAE 30, 40 and 15W40.
The company has also released Orion, a traditional lubricant produced from a virgin base oil, also for use in CNG fleets. Universal also collects used Orion for reprocessing.
In January, AT&T ordered 1,200 Chevrolet Express compressed natural gas cargo vans for delivery to its service centers nationwide. General Motors said it was its largest ever order of CNG vehicles.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls