Universal Lubricants Releases Recycled Oil for CNG Fleets
Eco Ultra CNG completely eliminates new petroleum products from circulation in CNG fleets while also meeting engine manufacturers’ specifications and Society of Automotive Engineers requirements, the company says.
The oil is manufactured in Universal’s “closed loop” manufacturing system, meaning that the company both supplies the product, and collects it after it has been used. Collected Oil is then re-refined. Currently only 10 percent of U.S. motor oil is re-refined, Universal says.
Eco Ultra CNG is available as a SAE 30, 40 and 15W40.
The company has also released Orion, a traditional lubricant produced from a virgin base oil, also for use in CNG fleets. Universal also collects used Orion for reprocessing.
In January, AT&T ordered 1,200 Chevrolet Express compressed natural gas cargo vans for delivery to its service centers nationwide. General Motors said it was its largest ever order of CNG vehicles.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council