Universal Lubricants Releases Recycled Oil for CNG Fleets
Eco Ultra CNG completely eliminates new petroleum products from circulation in CNG fleets while also meeting engine manufacturers’ specifications and Society of Automotive Engineers requirements, the company says.
The oil is manufactured in Universal’s “closed loop” manufacturing system, meaning that the company both supplies the product, and collects it after it has been used. Collected Oil is then re-refined. Currently only 10 percent of U.S. motor oil is re-refined, Universal says.
Eco Ultra CNG is available as a SAE 30, 40 and 15W40.
The company has also released Orion, a traditional lubricant produced from a virgin base oil, also for use in CNG fleets. Universal also collects used Orion for reprocessing.
In January, AT&T ordered 1,200 Chevrolet Express compressed natural gas cargo vans for delivery to its service centers nationwide. General Motors said it was its largest ever order of CNG vehicles.
Energy Manager News
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter