Enlighted Launches Virtuo Series Lighting Control System
This “thinking” sensor aims to maximize occupant comfort and minimize energy cost by measuring ambient light, occupancy and temperature at each fixture and tailoring light levels to each user’s actual needs.
Enlighted says its patented product delivers a “triple-value benefit.” First, the system delivers a bankable energy savings rate in the range of 50 to 70 percent. The installation process is also simplified because the connection between the sensor and fixture enables the system to auto-commission itself for each unique environment into which it is installed. Finally, the system has a network backhaul enabling facility managers to monitor the performance of the system and validate energy savings claims, the company says.
The product is currently installed at 35 Fortune 1000 companies including Google, Turner Broadcasting System Inc. and LinkedIn.
In other lighting news, Cree Inc. is participating in a series of energy efficiency renovations across U.S. Embassies in Vienna, Rome, Berlin, Madrid and Lisbon.
The installation of energy-efficient interior and exterior LED lighting is part of a program spearheaded by the Alliance to Save Energy and the League of Green Embassies, a U.S. Department of State initiative. The installations should result in energy savings of between 45 percent and 76 percent, dependent on location, Cree says.
Earlier this month, Cree introduced the XLamp XT-E White LED – a product that it says delivers twice the lumens per dollar of other LEDs and features the highest performance and efficacy – the capacity to produce visible light – in the industry.
Energy Manager News
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data