Plews & Edelmann Launches Biodegradable Machine Tool Oil
The product is formulated with vegetable seed oils and friction-reducing additives. Its bio-stable, biodegradable formulation contains no toxic chlorine or sulfur, making it safer for workers and easier to store than traditional oils, the company says.
UltraLube Slide Way Oil is designed to lubricate slides, ways and guides of machine tools such as grinders, milling machines, planers and saw guides. It comes in two weights — ISO46 and ISO68 — and can be used on all flat and V-shaped surfaces, and for both horizontal and vertical applications, Plews & Edelmann says.
Its Ultralube products, which are made from U.S. crops, are VOC-free and non-flammable, making them ideal for use in environmentally sensitive areas, the company says.
In January, the U.S. Department of Agriculture launched a voluntary product certification for biobased commercial and industrial products. The “USDA Certified Biobased Product” label designates products, other than food and feed, that derive a certain proportion of their materials from biological sources.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store