Plews & Edelmann Launches Biodegradable Machine Tool Oil
The product is formulated with vegetable seed oils and friction-reducing additives. Its bio-stable, biodegradable formulation contains no toxic chlorine or sulfur, making it safer for workers and easier to store than traditional oils, the company says.
UltraLube Slide Way Oil is designed to lubricate slides, ways and guides of machine tools such as grinders, milling machines, planers and saw guides. It comes in two weights — ISO46 and ISO68 — and can be used on all flat and V-shaped surfaces, and for both horizontal and vertical applications, Plews & Edelmann says.
Its Ultralube products, which are made from U.S. crops, are VOC-free and non-flammable, making them ideal for use in environmentally sensitive areas, the company says.
In January, the U.S. Department of Agriculture launched a voluntary product certification for biobased commercial and industrial products. The “USDA Certified Biobased Product” label designates products, other than food and feed, that derive a certain proportion of their materials from biological sources.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?
- Price of Carbon Credits Rises In Europe, Which is a Good Thing
- SCTE, ISBE Join Villanova’s RISE Forum
- Unico Using EnerNOC Platform