Hertz Launches Electric Car Sharing Service for Corporates
The move follows a five-year strategic partnership agreement signed by Hertz International and Move About to jointly develop their European mobility-on-demand business.
Shared cars in the program can be used for professional purposes, including trips to nearby offices and off-site business meetings. In addition, businesses can give employees a money-saving perk by offering Hertz on Demand cars at work, making cars available for personal use, the companies say. The service will complement Hertz on Demand’s Berlin car sharing operation launched in 2008, the company says.
Hertz on Demand launched the first international car sharing club in December 2008 and has grown to more than 800 vehicles, 70,000 members and more than 300 locations worldwide, including corporate offices and universities. Corporate clients include Marriott International and London Heathrow Airport.
Energy Manager News
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency
- SCE&G Customers to See Lower Bills, Renewable Energy Charge Starting in May
- Marin Clean Energy Could Cut Rates As Seven More Cities Join
- ASHRAE Looks at Energy Efficiency in a World Without Price Tags
- New York City Goes Big on Solar