Hertz Launches Electric Car Sharing Service for Corporates
The move follows a five-year strategic partnership agreement signed by Hertz International and Move About to jointly develop their European mobility-on-demand business.
Shared cars in the program can be used for professional purposes, including trips to nearby offices and off-site business meetings. In addition, businesses can give employees a money-saving perk by offering Hertz on Demand cars at work, making cars available for personal use, the companies say. The service will complement Hertz on Demand’s Berlin car sharing operation launched in 2008, the company says.
Hertz on Demand launched the first international car sharing club in December 2008 and has grown to more than 800 vehicles, 70,000 members and more than 300 locations worldwide, including corporate offices and universities. Corporate clients include Marriott International and London Heathrow Airport.
Energy Manager News
- Dynegy Files to Move Illinois Into ‘Single, Competitive Power Market’
- IRRC Jettisons Pennsylvania PUC’s Controversial Cap on Net Metering
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT