Anvil Knitwear Chooses CA Technologies Environmental Management Software
The century-old apparel company will be using CA ecoSoftware to measure its waste, water and energy, and eventually other aspects its business, such as the amount of yarn used in the manufacturing of products. Anvil will also use the CA product for operational reporting on efficiency and annual reporting on sustainability program.
Anvil called the return on investment offered by the software “very appealing.” Other factors in the selection of the product included user-friendliness, its support of multiple languages and support for reporting programs, such as the Global Reporting Initiative and the Carbon Disclosure Project, Anvil said.
CA Technologies announced improvements to CA ecoSoftware in January. The company said that the improved capabilities in CA ecoMeter 3.0, as well as the new CA ecoDesktop, can help IT and facilities staff gain greater availability, agility and efficiency in their data center and IT operations.
Anvil Knitwear’s 2010 CSR Report was recognized as Best First Time Report by Ceres and the Association for Charted Certified Accountants. In its 2011 CSR progress report, the company announced that it had reduced waste to landfill by 25 percent in 2010 – but its GHG emissions rose 32 percent in that year.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners