Verdiem Adds International Energy Rate Coverage to IT Management Software
Verdiem has released IT energy management software Surveyor 6 Spring Edition, with new global location-based functionality. The software’s new features were developed for multinational companies to track and manage energy consumption and costs across borders, rates and currencies, Verdiem said.
The location-based functionality aims to help energy managers calculate and energy expenditures in offices across multiple locations, whose energy rates can vary greatly. The software also accounts for fluctuations in energy rates throughout the year, along with time-of-use energy rates, which can change up to 15 times a day.
Surveyor 6 Spring Edition measures energy consumption from each location and calculates a device’s power costs as energy rates change throughout the day. IT staff can identify device locations based on IP addresses and automatically associate the device with the specific location’s energy rates in the local currency.
In addition, all of the devices within one office location are tied to specific energy policies that can be optimized based on local energy rates, the company said. And the organization’s global energy consumption can be analyzed and reported in a single currency.
In January, technology consultants Ovum issued a “best of breed” ranking, which included Verdiem, 1E and IBM as top choices for companies seeking PC power management products.
Energy Manager News
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubs’ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utility’s Bad Business Decisions – Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Apple’s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures
- Unity College Gets Grant for Greenhouses