Vigia Launches Remote Tire Pressure Gauge
Tire pressure product manufacturer Vigia Canada has released a tool that allows truck drivers and fleet managers to check tire pressure via an in-cab display or remotely using a computer or mobile device.
The NM343 integrates tire inflation information with existing fleet telematics systems, allowing access to information on the status of the automatic Vigia Tire Pressure System from anywhere with an internet connection. A digital cab-mounted control panel with electronic sensors provides immediate and full tire reinflating capability with only a 3 PSI drop in pressure, Vigia says.
For every PSI of underinflation, a vehicle consumes 0.8 percent more fuel, according to Vigia. Correct inflation also increases tire mileage, the company says.
In January, fellow haulage products firm Freight Wing introduced the AeroFlex 2012, an EPA SmartWay and CARB-approved trailer side skirt that it says delivers 7.45 percent fuel savings.
The update to its AeroFlex product uses the same EPA SmartWay-verified wedge geometry as the original product while offering lower weight and cost, the result of five years of research and development, Freight Wing says.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables