Vigia Launches Remote Tire Pressure Gauge
Tire pressure product manufacturer Vigia Canada has released a tool that allows truck drivers and fleet managers to check tire pressure via an in-cab display or remotely using a computer or mobile device.
The NM343 integrates tire inflation information with existing fleet telematics systems, allowing access to information on the status of the automatic Vigia Tire Pressure System from anywhere with an internet connection. A digital cab-mounted control panel with electronic sensors provides immediate and full tire reinflating capability with only a 3 PSI drop in pressure, Vigia says.
For every PSI of underinflation, a vehicle consumes 0.8 percent more fuel, according to Vigia. Correct inflation also increases tire mileage, the company says.
In January, fellow haulage products firm Freight Wing introduced the AeroFlex 2012, an EPA SmartWay and CARB-approved trailer side skirt that it says delivers 7.45 percent fuel savings.
The update to its AeroFlex product uses the same EPA SmartWay-verified wedge geometry as the original product while offering lower weight and cost, the result of five years of research and development, Freight Wing says.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland