AECOM Launches Costing Software for Remediation Projects
Aecom has released the newest version of its Remedial Action Cost Engineering and Requirements, or Racer, software – a cost-estimating program developed for environmental remediation and restoration projects.
The company says that Racer’s updated and streamlined interface saves time, reduces costs and provides auditable and defensible budget-level estimates for establishing reserves and provisions, along with financial reporting and environmental due diligence for mergers and acquisitions, property transactions and other legal matters.
The updated version contains 110 cost-estimating modules for feasibility studies, site work, waste removal, containment, treatment and disposal. The software captures waste media including air, soil, water, sediment, free product and building materials, Aecom says.
Racer is used by corporations, consultants, government agencies and environmental regulators. Aecom calls it an “industry standard” for environmental liability valuation and due diligence.
In September, Aecom released the Supplier Tracking and Assessment tool for Sustainability, which is designed to collect, analyze and report data on economic, social, and environmental performance in a company’s supply chain.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B