Developments in Energy-Efficiency Technologies for Data Centers
Berkeley Entrepreneurs Forum provides a preview of the energy technologies that will drive a new generation of data processing and storage systems. As an increasing number of business, consumer and social transactions are conducted virtually or stored in the cloud, more and more data center capacity is coming online. Even taking electricity costs as a constant, the expense of powering these data centers is growing rapidly so much so that companies are beginning to consider cutting data center costs as an avenue for competitive advantage. Luckily, a picture of the next generation data center is beginning to emerge, and at its heart are cutting-edge energy efficiency technologies.
Energy Manager News
- 18 Organizations Recognized for Cutting Parking Facility Energy Use
- ASHRAE Updates Lighting and Controls Guidelines
- RI Town Begins $620,000 Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- Businesses Offered ‘Instant Rebates’ from Utility
- Rocky Mountain Institute Provides Energy Retrofit Course
- DOE Awards $600,000 for Building Energy Efficiency Projects
- 3Degrees Helps Companies Procure Renewables