Renewables Briefing: Sainsbury’s 6.9MW Solar PV, RGS Energy Capital, Wells Fargo, Navy Biojet Fuel
British supermarket chain Sainsbury’s has installed 6.9 MW solar PV systems on store rooftops in the south of England. The series of 115 projects, completed by Renewable Resources, uses 50 to 150 kW systems. No alterations to the buildings were required to facilitate the installations.
Renewable Resources installed a typical 50 kW system in less than three days in order for Sainbury’s to meet the U.K.’s feed-in tariff deadlines, PV Magazine writes.
RGS Energy, the commercial division of Real Goods Solar, and Smart Energy Capital, have partnered to form RGS Energy Capital, which will provide development, financing and installation for commercial solar projects, the companies said. RGS Energy Capital will have access to more than $150 million in project capital from multiple project funds, and is actively marketing solar power purchase agreements nationwide to commercial, educational, government and non-profit entities. The parties have started nine projects totaling 4 MW in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Massachusetts, the companies said.
Wells Fargo & Company reported that its 2011 dedicated environmental loan commitments and tax equity financing were $2.8 billion, a record for the company. Solar PV projects received about $450 million in tax equity investment, and wind project tax equity investments equaled about $200 million. Loans to LEED-certified commercial buildings and community development projects totaled more than $1.5 billion.
Chemicals company Albemarle Corporation has been awarded the manufacturing contract to use bio n-butanol from Cobalt Technologies to supply the Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division, China Lake with its first biojet fuel production run, Cobalt said. For this initial manufacturing contract, Albemarle will use NAWCWD technologies to process Cobalt’s bio n-butanol into renewable jet fuel at its Baton Rouge, La. processing facility.
Energy Manager News
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger
- ICC Issues Stringent Consumer Protection Rules For Retail Electric Suppliers
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool