Environmental Eight Schools Advance in March Madness Tournament for Colleges and Universities
They are (alphabetically):
• Colby College
• Colorado State University
• Humboldt State University
• Ohio State University
• Purdue University
• Rochester Institute of Technology
• University of California, Davis
• University of Texas at Arlington
In order to reach the Environmental Eight bracket of the competition, modeled on the NCAA college basketball tournament, the Sustainable 16 schools submitted photos, videos and essays to promote the qualities of their environmental and sustainability programs. The submissions were evaluated by a panel of judges from The Brattle Group, CH2M HILL, Enviance, Trinity Consultants, and Valero/California.
The tournament will award $5,000 to the winning environmental and sustainability department and will send the department chair or a member of the faculty on an expense-paid trip to San Diego to attend the Enviance User Conference, April 16-20. While there, the winner will lead a panel titled “What Tomorrow’s Environmental Leaders Need to Know.”
The eight schools were all named to the Sustainable 16 two weeks ago, on the basis of survey responses covering their curriculum, graduation rates, facilities and student retention.
Next, they’ll face winnowing down to a Final Four, to be announced Friday, March 30. The National Champion will be unveiled Monday, April 2.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform