WWF, DEG Launch Water Risk Filter
Water Risk Filter is a questionnaire that draws on data sheets from 235 countries and aims to identify water risk in supply chains and investment portfolios, and provide practical steps to mitigate risk worldwide, WWF says.
The tool is geared specifically towards non-experts and is quick to use, WWF says. A pre-assessment survey allows users to establish within five minutes whether or not an additional evaluation of their water stewardship is necessary, the organization says.
Once a diagnosis has been made, a companion toolkit outlines a variety of possible responses, including technical solutions, awareness building and public policy engagement, that could help to mitigate future risk.
According to WWF, water, or the lack of it, can affect companies’ profitability and, in turn, investor confidence. In the worst cases, poor water resource management can mean the closure of business operations or relocation, WWF says. With the release of the Water Risk Filter, the body says it is aiming to encourage businesses to become active partners in implementing and supporting strategies to manage water sustainably.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management