WWF, DEG Launch Water Risk Filter
Water Risk Filter is a questionnaire that draws on data sheets from 235 countries and aims to identify water risk in supply chains and investment portfolios, and provide practical steps to mitigate risk worldwide, WWF says.
The tool is geared specifically towards non-experts and is quick to use, WWF says. A pre-assessment survey allows users to establish within five minutes whether or not an additional evaluation of their water stewardship is necessary, the organization says.
Once a diagnosis has been made, a companion toolkit outlines a variety of possible responses, including technical solutions, awareness building and public policy engagement, that could help to mitigate future risk.
According to WWF, water, or the lack of it, can affect companies’ profitability and, in turn, investor confidence. In the worst cases, poor water resource management can mean the closure of business operations or relocation, WWF says. With the release of the Water Risk Filter, the body says it is aiming to encourage businesses to become active partners in implementing and supporting strategies to manage water sustainably.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves