IR Introduces 600V Integrated Circuits for Energy Efficient Inverterized Motor Drives
International Rectifier introduced the compact IRS2334SPbF and IRS2334MPbF three-phase, 600V integrated circuits for inverterized motor drives used in energy efficient appliance and industrial applications. The new ICs utilize IRâ€™s advanced high-voltage IC process, which incorporates next-generation high-voltage level-shifting and termination technology to deliver electrical over-stress protection and higher field reliability, the company says.
The IRS2334SPbF is offered in an SOIC20WB package while the IRS2334MPbF is available in a QFN5X5 package featuring a footprint of just 25mmÂ˛. Both are designed with the appropriate creepage and clearance requirements to enable rugged and reliable designs at voltages up to 600V.
The products offer “a compact solution and simpler implementation that enable designers of applications such as power tools, refrigerator compressors and electrically controlled fans to utilize energy efficient inverters and with the smallest form factor,” says Alberto Guerra, VP of strategic market development for IRâ€™s energy saving products business unit.
Guerra points out that inverterized motor drives offer efficiency greater than 80 percent compared to standard on/off drives, which deliver less than 50 percent efficiency.
Energy Manager News
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course
- AEEE: Efficiency as a Resource is a Winner
- Chicago Cubsâ€™ Wrigley Field to be Powered by Commercial Retailer ENGIE Resources
- Who Should Pay for a Utilityâ€™s Bad Business Decisions â€“ Owners or Customers?
- Major Industries Could Be Moved By High Rates To Leave Wisconsin
- The World is About to See Whether Appleâ€™s Solar Investment Pays Off
- BREEAM USA Takes Aim at In-Use Structures