WellPoint and Xerox Managed Print Services Cut GHGs 60%, Expect $3m a Year in Savings
The program’s four aims are to reduce waste, enhance recycling efforts, minimize creation of greenhouse gases and create an energy-efficient work environment. Xerox and WellPoint implemented an education campaign to help employees understand the new print and document features.
To date the program has eliminated 9,000 printers, copiers and fax machines in favor of more efficient multifunction printers, saving $280,000 in paper expenses and reducing print-related energy usage and total greenhouse gases by 60 percent.
WellPoint anticipates saving more than $3 million a year through the program, called the Green Office Initiative.
The initiative is an extension of WellPoint’s relationship with Xerox for healthcare communication services. Xerox plans to add e-delivery services to help WellPoint replace paper with secure e-documents and help personalize communications.
Earlier this month, Xerox pledged to suspend purchases from Asia Pulp & Paper following a Greenpeace exposé on the paper company’s practices. In March, Greenpeace released the results of a year-long investigation into APP, the world’s third largest pulp and paper producer, claiming that the company is systematically violating Indonesia’s laws protecting ramin, an internationally protected tree species.
Energy Manager News
- The hunt for reforming energy markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York State’s Summer of Energy