Johnson Electric Launches Power-Off Switches for Washing Machines
Johnson Electric has unveiled an addition to its Tippmatic switch product line, with new switches specifically designed for use in washing machines, dishwashers, and dryers. The new Tippmatic product line utilizes auto-power off and double disconnect technology to exceed the requirements of Europeâ€™s EuP Ecodesign Standards and also exceed the requirements of the IEC 60335-1 safety standard, the company says.
The Tippmatic product line for washing machines includes two versions. The Tippmatic iF is a compact auto power-off switch that interfaces with the appliance control unit. The Tippmatic iFD has a programmable auto power-off control option plus a double-disconnect feature to enhance safety standards.
The new product line was developed for energy efficiency and carbon dioxide reduction, and eliminates standby power consumption in home appliances, says Jim Dick, senior vice president of strategic marketing for Johnson Electric.
Energy Manager News
- Advances and Challenges for the Bioenergy Sector
- From Coal Plant to Battery Storage Facility
- Hubbell Introduces ASL LED
- Two Laws Set an Aggressive Energy Course for California
- Singapore Testing Floating Solar Panels
- Daikin Takes a Minority Stake in Riptide IO
- The Forecast is Good for the Solar Industry
- Honeywell Upgrading Rock Island Arsenal Garrison