Johnson Electric Launches Power-Off Switches for Washing Machines
Johnson Electric has unveiled an addition to its Tippmatic switch product line, with new switches specifically designed for use in washing machines, dishwashers, and dryers. The new Tippmatic product line utilizes auto-power off and double disconnect technology to exceed the requirements of Europeâ€™s EuP Ecodesign Standards and also exceed the requirements of the IEC 60335-1 safety standard, the company says.
The Tippmatic product line for washing machines includes two versions. The Tippmatic iF is a compact auto power-off switch that interfaces with the appliance control unit. The Tippmatic iFD has a programmable auto power-off control option plus a double-disconnect feature to enhance safety standards.
The new product line was developed for energy efficiency and carbon dioxide reduction, and eliminates standby power consumption in home appliances, says Jim Dick, senior vice president of strategic marketing for Johnson Electric.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls