Johnson Electric Launches Power-Off Switches for Washing Machines
Johnson Electric has unveiled an addition to its Tippmatic switch product line, with new switches specifically designed for use in washing machines, dishwashers, and dryers. The new Tippmatic product line utilizes auto-power off and double disconnect technology to exceed the requirements of Europeâ€™s EuP Ecodesign Standards and also exceed the requirements of the IEC 60335-1 safety standard, the company says.
The Tippmatic product line for washing machines includes two versions. The Tippmatic iF is a compact auto power-off switch that interfaces with the appliance control unit. The Tippmatic iFD has a programmable auto power-off control option plus a double-disconnect feature to enhance safety standards.
The new product line was developed for energy efficiency and carbon dioxide reduction, and eliminates standby power consumption in home appliances, says Jim Dick, senior vice president of strategic marketing for Johnson Electric.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses