Solarsoft MES Now Includes Energy Planning, Monitoring Functionality
Solarsoft Business Systems, a provider of enterprise software and IT services to manufacturers, announced that their flagship manufacturing execution system, Solarsoft Mattec MES, now includes energy planning and monitoring functionality to assist manufacturers with energy management programs.
Energy is typically one of the top three costs in today’s manufacturing facility, and operations professionals believe that in the next three to five years it will become the number one plant expense. Scheduling production and workload in a way that reduces the plant’s total power demand plus takes advantage of rate variations can translate to significant savings – in terms of total energy consumed and the actual cost per kilowatt hour, says Solarsoft.
“We want to help manufacturers improve efficiency,” Andy Amalfitano, general manager of Solarsoft’s manufacturing execution and intelligence division, says. “People think that only means making more product with the same resources. But, to Solarsoft it also means helping plants avoid paying peak prices for energy and reducing their overall energy consumption.”
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs