Ameresco Snags $4.5M Medical Center ESPC
The University Medical Center of Southern Nevada has awarded Ameresco an energy savings performance contract to install more than $4.5 million of improvements at the facility. The infrastructure improvements made at UMC will save the facility more than $200,000 in energy costs each year, the companies say.
The deal announced Thursday marks the energy efficiency and renewable energy company’s continued expansion in the southwest and within the healthcare industry. Last month, Ameresco landed a $3.6 million energy savings performance contract to upgrade 23 buildings in Nevada’s fourth-largest school district.
Energy efficiency improvements made at UMC are expected to be completed in early 2013. The advantage of working with Ameresco is that the company performs multiple projects at one time, Cindi Roehr, associate administrator at the UMC of Southern Nevada said. Otherwise, she said, it would take years to complete the projects, and would end up costing more.
The contract calls for replacing old equipment, some of it original to the building, with new efficient equipment and systems. New lighting and controls, condenser pumps, variable frequency drives, server room cooling systems, boilers and air handler units will be installed throughout the 975,624-square-foot hospital.
Through the contract, UMC is expected to cut its carbon footprint by more than 600 metric tons of CO2 annually. The improvements also will reduce the hospital’s operation and maintenance costs by more than $28,000 a year. UMC has the potential to receive a $65,000 rebate towards the project through an incentive program from utility NV Energy.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight