Lennox Boosts Efficiency of Cooling Units
The Dallas-based residential and commercial heating and air conditioning manufacturer has designed its Environ Coil System to uses a series of channels, which provides a higher primary surface area than traditional round tubes. This allows the Environ Coil System uses up to 45 percent less refrigerant to achieve the same level of heat transfer.
Lennox has added other features to improve reliability and efficiency. The coil system’s all-aluminum construction shaves about 90 pounds from a 10-ton rooftop unit. The system uses 20 percent less brazed joints compared to tube-and-fin coil, a design feature that decreases the potential for leakage and ultimately increases the unit’s reliability. The mounting configuration uses rubber inserts to dampen vibration, which prevents damage during shipping and helps protect against corrosion, the company says.
The Environ coil is available on Energence 7.5-12.5 ton and 20- to 30-ton units. The company says the coil will soon be offered on other Energence units. A three-year warranty is included.
Lennox’s Energence rooftop unit product line is designed to help buildings qualify for LEED points. The unit also exceeds ASHRAE 90.1-2010 minimum standards by more than 35 percent to help meet green building requirements while delivering measurable energy savings, the company says.
The company’s push to develop energy efficient products helped it earn a 2011 Energy Star award for excellence. The accolade recognizes a specific activity for promoting energy-efficient products, homes or buildings.
Energy Manager News
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers