GreenPrint Enables Tracking, Management of Printing with TonerMeter
GreenPrint Technologies has launched software that provides detailed metrics on ink and toner use on the individual user, workgroup, or organizational level, allowing companies to measure – and therefore manage – toner coverage.
Toner coverage is a significant variable in bidding for and managing MPS engagements which poses a risk to profitability. Using a method of accurately calculating coverage, companies can mitigate much of that risk.
Ink and toner is an incredibly expensive line item for organizations, running $500 per employee per year or more, according to industry sources such as the Photizo Group, GreenPrint points out. Toner use is also the largest cost, and therefore the biggest risk, in MPS engagements.
The software, TonerMeter, is easily deployed across an entire organization, capturing all information sent to the printer, then tracking toner coverage and printing metrics without any user level interaction required. The metrics are collected locally and then periodically uploaded to a web database. Text and graphics are converted on the user’s computer into image data using industry standard ICC profiles and processed into detailed page coverage statistics, enabling GreenPrint to deliver standardized metrics independent of the printer.
TonerMeter works with almost all printers and applications and is available for all versions of Microsoft Windows. TonerMeter integrates into GreenPrint’s suite of print management software and the metrics can be viewed through GreenPrint Analytics web admin console. It can also easily be incorporated into independent third party applications, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona