GreenPrint Enables Tracking, Management of Printing with TonerMeter
GreenPrint Technologies has launched software that provides detailed metrics on ink and toner use on the individual user, workgroup, or organizational level, allowing companies to measure – and therefore manage – toner coverage.
Toner coverage is a significant variable in bidding for and managing MPS engagements which poses a risk to profitability. Using a method of accurately calculating coverage, companies can mitigate much of that risk.
Ink and toner is an incredibly expensive line item for organizations, running $500 per employee per year or more, according to industry sources such as the Photizo Group, GreenPrint points out. Toner use is also the largest cost, and therefore the biggest risk, in MPS engagements.
The software, TonerMeter, is easily deployed across an entire organization, capturing all information sent to the printer, then tracking toner coverage and printing metrics without any user level interaction required. The metrics are collected locally and then periodically uploaded to a web database. Text and graphics are converted on the user’s computer into image data using industry standard ICC profiles and processed into detailed page coverage statistics, enabling GreenPrint to deliver standardized metrics independent of the printer.
TonerMeter works with almost all printers and applications and is available for all versions of Microsoft Windows. TonerMeter integrates into GreenPrint’s suite of print management software and the metrics can be viewed through GreenPrint Analytics web admin console. It can also easily be incorporated into independent third party applications, the company says.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend