Greenstone Tool Promises to Streamline Supply Chain Monitoring
Greenstone Carbon Management Limited has launched SupplierPortal, an online tool that allows suppliers and their buyers to share and monitor environment, labor, health and safety and anti-bribery and corruption information.
The portal lets suppliers record their responsible sourcing information once and then publish it to multiple buyers. SupplierPortal can also calculate suppliers’ carbon, waste and water footprints based on business consumption data uploaded to the portal, Greenstone says.
The product includes a “data entry wizard” for suppliers to record, calculate and report their annual carbon, waste and water footprints. Summary reports can then be downloaded and used as part of the annual reporting process.
Greenstone says it developed the product in response to the growing need for buying organizations to measure and analyze their suppliers’ performance and policies across responsible sourcing areas. The roster of suppliers used by major corporations can sometimes extend into the tens of thousands, representing a huge amount of data for corporations to trawl through, Greenstone says.
The company named corporations such as Walmart, Procter & Gamble and UK department store chain Marks & Spencer as specific examples of companies requesting a service that collates such data.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Go It Alone When Retrofitting
- LinkedIn Campus Gets Mobile EV Charging
- Many Vendors Vie for Lighting Controls Business
- Johnson Controls Opens Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) Training Center
- Acquiring Renewable Energy Should Be Easier, Facebook Says
- Energy Upgrades at School District Financed by NY Power Authority
- Fusing System Helps Solar Customers with Overcurrent Protection
- ABM Joins Balboa Park Sustainability Council