Greenstone Tool Promises to Streamline Supply Chain Monitoring
Greenstone Carbon Management Limited has launched SupplierPortal, an online tool that allows suppliers and their buyers to share and monitor environment, labor, health and safety and anti-bribery and corruption information.
The portal lets suppliers record their responsible sourcing information once and then publish it to multiple buyers. SupplierPortal can also calculate suppliers’ carbon, waste and water footprints based on business consumption data uploaded to the portal, Greenstone says.
The product includes a “data entry wizard” for suppliers to record, calculate and report their annual carbon, waste and water footprints. Summary reports can then be downloaded and used as part of the annual reporting process.
Greenstone says it developed the product in response to the growing need for buying organizations to measure and analyze their suppliers’ performance and policies across responsible sourcing areas. The roster of suppliers used by major corporations can sometimes extend into the tens of thousands, representing a huge amount of data for corporations to trawl through, Greenstone says.
The company named corporations such as Walmart, Procter & Gamble and UK department store chain Marks & Spencer as specific examples of companies requesting a service that collates such data.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners