EMCO’s Latest Version of Remote Shutdown Software Helps Automate Power Management
EMCO Software has launched a new version of its remote shutdown software. The new EMCO Remote Shutdown version 5 is aimed at helping network administrators to manage Windows PCs across corporate networks remotely from a centralized console. EMCO Remote Shutdown 5 offers an improved scheduling functionality, allowing it to work as a Windows service, so network administrators can simply install it on a server and let it run automatically to execute scheduled tasks in the background, according to the company.
IT departments of organizations can use EMCO Remote Shutdown to comply with best practices in power management, reduce electric power consumption and save power costs, the company says. Network administrators can shut down, wake up, reboot one or multiple network PCs, send a message to users and perform other operations to manage remote PCs. Using the application, IT professionals can execute computer management operations remotely and schedule them for automatic execution at a defined time.
The application allows network administrators to automate PC power management across the entire organization. Administrators can configure the application to turn off unused PCs in the evening and turn them on automatically the next morning. This prevents power wasting caused by users’ keeping their PCs running in an idle mode during nights and weekends. This simple power management action doesn’t compromise any functionality for end users but can save as much as $50 in power costs per PC per year on average, according to EMCO.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight