University of Texas Taps Locus’ ePortal for Compliance
The University of Texas at El Paso has selected software company Locus Technologies’ ePortal platform to provide an integrated system for monitoring and managing its compliance needs at its main campus.
The UTEP EH&S department is responsible for a variety of regulatory compliance issues at the campus, which is undergoing a major expansion, with more than $290 million in new construction and renovation projects underway. University facilities services are designing new buildings to meet LEED specifications, re-designing landscaping to conserve water, and retrofitting existing facilities to reduce energy and water consumption.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform