Improved MagNet & ThermNet from Infolytica Predict an Electric Motor’s Performance
Infolytica Corporation has released the newest versions of its simulation suite of software: MagNet, ElecNet, ThermNet and OptiNet.
Obtaining an accurate prediction of an electric motor’s performance, including the effects of heating and motion can be tedious to set up for simulation, says Infolytica. MagNet and ThermNet share the same model file and run a two-way coupled electromagnetic and thermal simulation, making it both easy to use and accurate.
Several updates have been made to ThermNet, increasing the software’s accuracy and capability to account for cooling options, according to the company. Global results for temperature, heat capacity, heat flow and heat source are now reported. New boundary conditions, improved modeling of touching surfaces, anisotropic and composite materials, stranded coils and enhanced convection options work in tandem to improve the simulation of motors, generators or any other electromechanical device.
MagNet v7.3 introduces freezing the operating points of the BH property throughout a component for use in different simulations. One example of the application of this new feature is the study of small signals in the presence of a large DC offset.
Material properties can be overridden on an element-by-element basis in order to account for other phenomena or processes affecting the performance of a device. An example of this application is when the material properties of certain regions of a component vary due to a manufacturing process. 3D coil modeling, particular highly complex geometries, is made easier with an updated extension to MagNet which supports all common types of windings, the company says.
General improvements have also been made to third party file interoperability, specifically CATIA V5 and Inventor 2012, as well as the utility which detects and corrects faults with imported models.
MagNet, ElecNet ThermNet and OptiNet v7.3 can now be downloaded for PCs running Microsoft Windows XP, Vista and 7.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations