New Version of Synergi Environment Management Module Streamlines Sustainability Reporting
DNV Software has launched a new version of the Synergi Environmental Management Module, which streamlines sustainability reporting, the company says.
Synergi Environmental Management Module is part of the complete risk and QHSE management solution from DNV Software. The newest version, Synergi Life Version 12.1, offers a way to track, manage and act on environmental data and reduce energy costs.
DNV Software points out that many businesses have changed their focus regarding sustainability reporting. Previously it was seen as enough to follow legal requirements, but now businesses are focusing increasingly on meeting expectations from customers, investors and employees, according to the company. Reporting in compliance with international reporting standards such as GRI (Global Reporting Initiative), CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project), and IPIECA (the global oil and gas industry association for environmental and social issues) has become an important motivation for improving environmental reporting. Managers see the value of benchmarking and comparison to other businesses. The Synergi Environmental Management Module gives businesses the opportunity to show that they are handling environmental issues in an effective and profitable way, says DNV.
Synergi Life offers new features, including tailored screens for recording energy, material and water consumption. It also includes recording of waste and environmental improvement plans. Automatic unit conversions and automatic calculation of greenhouse gases and other emissions are added features in the new module. The new Environmental Performance Report lets businesses follow trends and see the need for implementation of improvement measures and follow-up, both locally and globally. And with Synergi Life, users can bypass the use of spreadsheets such as Excel to collect and report environmental data, the company says.
Energy Manager News
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida