Strategic Energy Procurement: Using Data to Forecast, Plan, and Manage Your Energy Spend
Join Constellation, Frost & Sullivan and Environmental Leader for a one-hour energy management webinar discussing ways to use data to forecast and reduce energy costs on Tuesday, June 26, 2012, at 11am PST/2pm EST.
From advanced metering, to enterprise software, to real-time energy market prices, energy data is now more accessible than ever before. But many businesses and government agencies struggle to actually utilize energy data in their procurement process to gain insight and long-term control over their energy costs. With the uncertainty of future energy rates and the fluctuation of end-user energy demand, businesses that can incorporate data into a strategic energy procurement plan can better forecast, plan and manage one of the top five business expenses: energy cost.
Farah Saeed, principal consultant, North America, energy and power systems with Frost & Sullivan, will highlight issues that are influencing companies to take charge of their electricity consumption. Saeed will share insights on:
- Challenges in terms of controlling energy usage and consumption costs.
- Tools that are already implemented for mitigating energy cost.
- Industry trends for demand response and energy management.
You’ll also hear from Andrew Singer, vice president of major accounts at Constellation. Singer will discuss practical strategies for building an energy procurement program that uses energy data to mitigate price risk, allows more accurate energy budgeting and forecasting, and gives you the flexibility to optimize both energy spend and energy consumption across your enterprise. His topics will include:
- What is energy data?
- Why are many companies not optimizing energy data?
- What is strategic energy procurement?
- How are leading companies using strategic energy procurement to lower energy costs and energy consumption?
All webinar attendees will receive the complimentary whitepaper, “SMART Energy Procurement: Using Data to Forecast, Plan and Manage Your Energy Spend.”
For more information, speaker bios and to register, click here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years