Aquatech Unveils Modular Evaporator System
Aquatech will unveil its Smartmod modular evaporator technology for the oil sands market at the 2012 Global Petroleum Show.
It utilizes a vertical tube falling film evaporator design to treat produced water sources. Aquatech says that the benefits of Smartmod over conventional evaporator systems include 10% lower power consumption. Its multiple section design ensures ASME distillate quality, and on-line washing allows for continuous distillate production at >70% of design capacity during washing.
The product is also engineered to minimize field installation labor and costs. With its reduced center of mass and evaporator weight, the smartmod module and vessels eliminate the need for building a large evaporator building or expensive foundation labor and materials, according to the company. There’s also a reduction in freight costs for transportation of the complete system to site.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works