Aquatech Unveils Modular Evaporator System
Aquatech will unveil its Smartmod modular evaporator technology for the oil sands market at the 2012 Global Petroleum Show.
It utilizes a vertical tube falling film evaporator design to treat produced water sources. Aquatech says that the benefits of Smartmod over conventional evaporator systems include 10% lower power consumption. Its multiple section design ensures ASME distillate quality, and on-line washing allows for continuous distillate production at >70% of design capacity during washing.
The product is also engineered to minimize field installation labor and costs. With its reduced center of mass and evaporator weight, the smartmod module and vessels eliminate the need for building a large evaporator building or expensive foundation labor and materials, according to the company. There’s also a reduction in freight costs for transportation of the complete system to site.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store