Aquatech Unveils Modular Evaporator System
Aquatech will unveil its Smartmod modular evaporator technology for the oil sands market at the 2012 Global Petroleum Show.
It utilizes a vertical tube falling film evaporator design to treat produced water sources. Aquatech says that the benefits of Smartmod over conventional evaporator systems include 10% lower power consumption. Its multiple section design ensures ASME distillate quality, and on-line washing allows for continuous distillate production at >70% of design capacity during washing.
The product is also engineered to minimize field installation labor and costs. With its reduced center of mass and evaporator weight, the smartmod module and vessels eliminate the need for building a large evaporator building or expensive foundation labor and materials, according to the company. There’s also a reduction in freight costs for transportation of the complete system to site.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array