Aquatech Unveils Modular Evaporator System
Aquatech will unveil its Smartmod modular evaporator technology for the oil sands market at the 2012 Global Petroleum Show.
It utilizes a vertical tube falling film evaporator design to treat produced water sources. Aquatech says that the benefits of Smartmod over conventional evaporator systems include 10% lower power consumption. Its multiple section design ensures ASME distillate quality, and on-line washing allows for continuous distillate production at >70% of design capacity during washing.
The product is also engineered to minimize field installation labor and costs. With its reduced center of mass and evaporator weight, the smartmod module and vessels eliminate the need for building a large evaporator building or expensive foundation labor and materials, according to the company. There’s also a reduction in freight costs for transportation of the complete system to site.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Solutions to Help Reach Building Energy Management Goals
- Advanced Fans Cut Datacenter Energy Requirements
- Renew Financial Acquires FL PACE-Lender EcoCity Partners
- Solar Canopies in Maryland, California
- Increased Demand for EVs Driving Global Battery Management System Market
- UCLA Creates The L.A. Energy Atlas
- Santa Cruz Saves with Six Battery Tower
- Using the IoT to Drive Power Plant Efficiency