IHS Buys Regulatory Management Business for $11m
CyberRegs, an online source of current full-text regulatory compliance information, will be used to help IHS customers make business decisions for enterprise sustainability management. The CyberRegs acquisition includes regulatory content and the experts who support the system, as well as the web portal technology, IHS said.
CyberRegs’ compliance information includes statutes, registers and forms from all 50 states as well as Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico, and focuses on environmental, health, safety and sustainability (EHS&S) issues.
The online regulatory compliance information tool helps streamline and centralize resources for customers. The system allows subscribers to collaborate with shared annotations, and to search and access full-text regulatory citations. The software also issues notifications when the referenced requirements change.
As a result, IHS is now able to help customers reduce IT system and workflow complexity by cutting the number of vendors they rely on to support strategies for enterprise sustainability management, the company said. The acquisition also will help the company accelerate the growth of its EHS&S business, IHS said.
Last month, IHS announced it would acquire GlobalSpec, a specialized vertical search, product information and digital media company that serves the engineering and manufacturing markets, from Warburg Pincus for $135 million. GlobalSpec provides registered users with a domain-specific search engine for more than 3,500 current product, service and technology vertical categories to help engineers solve problems.
Acquisitions continue to be a key element in the company’s strategic development and driver of its long-term growth, IHS Chairman and CEO Jerre Stead said at the time of the announcement.
Energy Manager News
- Will Co-Firing Natural Gas and Coal Meet Clean Power Plan Standards?
- China and India: Doing the Unimaginable to Address Climate Change
- Maine Solar Bill That Advocates Claim Could Save $100M Is Vetoed by Governor LePage
- Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED