CA Technologies’ DCIM 4.0 Integrates Data Center, IT Management
CA Technologies has announced its CA Data Center Infrastructure Management 4.0 (CA DCIM 4.0) software for monitoring and optimizing power, cooling, space and assets in the data center.
CA DCIM 4.0 allows customers to collect power and environmental information from data center facilities and IT systems to help them analyze, report, and control the data center environment. The latest version can help customers reduce costs by allowing them to better understand energy consumption and use, visualize data center space, place and locate data center assets, manage asset lifecycle, perform root-cause analysis and plan capacity, CA Technologies says.
CA DCIM 4.0 also allows customers to integrate data center and IT management, CA says.
Version 4.0’s enhancements include:
- Improved IT asset discovery and monitoring for better identification of potentially underutilized equipment.
- Expanded integration gateway functions for improved data capture.
- 3-D visualization of thermal environment for discovering hot spots that indicate inefficiencies and potential threats to critical IT services.
- Simplified analysis, identification and recommendation of available rack space based on multiple factors.
- Integration with CA Executive Insight for Service Assurance.
- Expanded integration with Cisco EnergyWise.
CA Technologies says that CA DCIM 4.0 also allows customers to unify facilities management systems — such as building management, power distribution, HVAC, and environmental sensors —for data center monitoring, troubleshooting, optimization and planning.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight