CA Technologies’ DCIM 4.0 Integrates Data Center, IT Management
CA Technologies has announced its CA Data Center Infrastructure Management 4.0 (CA DCIM 4.0) software for monitoring and optimizing power, cooling, space and assets in the data center.
CA DCIM 4.0 allows customers to collect power and environmental information from data center facilities and IT systems to help them analyze, report, and control the data center environment. The latest version can help customers reduce costs by allowing them to better understand energy consumption and use, visualize data center space, place and locate data center assets, manage asset lifecycle, perform root-cause analysis and plan capacity, CA Technologies says.
CA DCIM 4.0 also allows customers to integrate data center and IT management, CA says.
Version 4.0’s enhancements include:
- Improved IT asset discovery and monitoring for better identification of potentially underutilized equipment.
- Expanded integration gateway functions for improved data capture.
- 3-D visualization of thermal environment for discovering hot spots that indicate inefficiencies and potential threats to critical IT services.
- Simplified analysis, identification and recommendation of available rack space based on multiple factors.
- Integration with CA Executive Insight for Service Assurance.
- Expanded integration with Cisco EnergyWise.
CA Technologies says that CA DCIM 4.0 also allows customers to unify facilities management systems — such as building management, power distribution, HVAC, and environmental sensors —for data center monitoring, troubleshooting, optimization and planning.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Chicago Archdiocese to Energy Benchmark 2,700 Buildings
- IBM Tests Heat-Pump Cooling of Data Centers
- Bosch, Toyota Join CalCharge Energy Storage Effort
- CHP Projects Increase in the UK
- Building Retrofitted with Air-Duct Delivery System for Roof-top Units
- Refurbished Air Coils Save Energy for Four Seasons Hotel
- Trane Expands Series of Cold Generator Scroll Chillers
- Cooling System Eliminates Chemicals by ‘Pulsing’ the Water