Coke, Nike, UPS Co-Found Transportation Fuel Working Group
Coca-Cola, Nike, Shell, Suncor, UPS, the US Department of Defense, and Walmart are to be part of a working group run by sustainability consultants BSR that aims to help global companies understand the sustainability impacts of their transportation fuel systems.
With global energy consumption set to rise by 40 percent by 2030, the Future of Fuels group aims to publish research on sustainable fuel use and promote greater dialogue and understanding between the public, business, government and not-for-profit sector about fuel choices.
Through the initiative BSR is aiming to give companies the information they need about all of the sustainability impacts of their transportation fuel choices, from climate change to human rights to economic development.
Future of Fuels research will be commissioned under three main briefs:
- Frame the issues: This research brief will draw on existing studies and interviews with third-party experts to explore the state of knowledge about the sustainability impacts of transportation fuels.
- Outline the options: This brief will look at how companies can use the information and frameworks described in the first brief to develop better fuel choices.
- Highlight opportunities for collaboration: This brief aims to help companies understand how they can work with business partners—from energy and fuel producers to providers and users of transportation and logistics services—to implement more sustainable solutions.
In May, Hilton Worldwide and BSR launched The Center for Sustainable Procurement, a three-year initiative to help procurement professionals make more informed purchasing decisions based on the best available sustainability data and information. The initiative will publish research and work with companies to integrate sustainability data into the procurement process at the product category level.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners