New Version of SAP’s Sustainability Solution Helps Companies Assess and Manage Risk
SAP AG announced the latest version of the SAP Environment, Health, and Safety Management application, which helps manufacturers create more preventative safety cultures. Aimed at companies in asset-intensive industries, new risk assessment capabilities help companies take proactive steps to avoid costly, dangerous incidents and keep operations up and running. In addition, the new sustainability solution from SAP has been extended with a mobile app, available on iTunes, that allows employees to report safety issues with their mobile devices, the company says.
The new SAP EHS Safety Issue mobile app lets workers log issues from their mobile device via voice, video or photograph, and send them directly to a safety manager for corrective action. SAP EHS Management 2.0 also includes new reporting and dashboard capabilities that allow companies to quickly prioritize EHS risks by category and location.
Particularly for companies in high-risk industries such as oil and gas, mining or manufacturing, SAP AG says a proactive operational risk management strategy is the best way to safeguard against potentially catastrophic accidents. SAP’s EHS risk assessment approach is designed to help companies identify, track, analyze and reduce risks and incidents across the organization.
Energy Manager News
- Feds Asked to Reverse Montana PSC Decision on Solar Charges
- Energy Retailer Crius Acquires Assets of Verengo
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter