New Version of SAP’s Sustainability Solution Helps Companies Assess and Manage Risk
SAP AG announced the latest version of the SAP Environment, Health, and Safety Management application, which helps manufacturers create more preventative safety cultures. Aimed at companies in asset-intensive industries, new risk assessment capabilities help companies take proactive steps to avoid costly, dangerous incidents and keep operations up and running. In addition, the new sustainability solution from SAP has been extended with a mobile app, available on iTunes, that allows employees to report safety issues with their mobile devices, the company says.
The new SAP EHS Safety Issue mobile app lets workers log issues from their mobile device via voice, video or photograph, and send them directly to a safety manager for corrective action. SAP EHS Management 2.0 also includes new reporting and dashboard capabilities that allow companies to quickly prioritize EHS risks by category and location.
Particularly for companies in high-risk industries such as oil and gas, mining or manufacturing, SAP AG says a proactive operational risk management strategy is the best way to safeguard against potentially catastrophic accidents. SAP’s EHS risk assessment approach is designed to help companies identify, track, analyze and reduce risks and incidents across the organization.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant