1E Updates Nomad Enterprise Software for Systems Management
IT efficiency software company 1E announced the launch of Nomad 2012, a revised version of its enterprise software for systems management. The revised version is integrated with Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, Microsoft’s latest Systems Management platform. Nomad 2012, integrated with SCCM, does not need another admin console or separate competing infrastructure and does not create a single point of failure.
Nomad 2012 brings the following enhancements to streamlined systems management: Supercharged Win7 deployments; Peer Backup Assistant, which backs up a user’s customized settings then restores them, saving organizations from transferring data over the WAN again; enhanced OSD utilities and WinPEsupport, which allows organizations to send operating system images to thousands of systems simultaneously; PXE Everywhere, which offers the ability for one machine to boot from any other on the network; and Reverse Quality of Service, an advanced algorithm that calculates available bandwidth, protects business data and ensures that IT content never competes with the applications that run a business.
1E says that, using Nomad, a US organization deployed Windows 7 to 39,000 PCs in just one month, which the company believes to be a record.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: A New Metric for Datacenter Cooling
- The Advantages of Metal Roofs
- PACE Loan Program in Pulaski County, AK
- Online Tool Introduced in Vermont
- SWL&P Looks to Increase Electric Revenues by Over $2 Million
- Schneider Electric’s NEO Network: Helping Make Efficiency Projects Real
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves