1E Updates Nomad Enterprise Software for Systems Management
IT efficiency software company 1E announced the launch of Nomad 2012, a revised version of its enterprise software for systems management. The revised version is integrated with Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, Microsoft’s latest Systems Management platform. Nomad 2012, integrated with SCCM, does not need another admin console or separate competing infrastructure and does not create a single point of failure.
Nomad 2012 brings the following enhancements to streamlined systems management: Supercharged Win7 deployments; Peer Backup Assistant, which backs up a user’s customized settings then restores them, saving organizations from transferring data over the WAN again; enhanced OSD utilities and WinPEsupport, which allows organizations to send operating system images to thousands of systems simultaneously; PXE Everywhere, which offers the ability for one machine to boot from any other on the network; and Reverse Quality of Service, an advanced algorithm that calculates available bandwidth, protects business data and ensures that IT content never competes with the applications that run a business.
1E says that, using Nomad, a US organization deployed Windows 7 to 39,000 PCs in just one month, which the company believes to be a record.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System