3Degrees Launches New Renewable Energy Products
3Degrees has launched three new Renewable Energy Certificate (REC) products: Regional Green Power RECs, Catalyst Wind RECs, and Brighter Schools Solar RECs. The REC offerings are certified by Green-e Energy, the nation’s leading voluntary certification program for renewable energy.
With these new 3Degrees products, organizations can not only match their electricity use with renewable energy, but also specify the type of green power projects they want to generate this energy, according to the company. For example, customers can make green power commitments designed to increase demand for green power generated in specific areas of the country (Regional Green Power RECs). Customers can make commitments designed to increase demand for wind power from projects that have come online on or after January 1, 2011 (Catalyst Wind RECs). And they can make commitments designed to increase demand for solar power from projects that are located at K-12 public schools (Brighter Schools Solar RECs).
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs