EcoSmart, GE, Philips LEDs Win High Marks
A Department of Energy study released in July found that LEDs have a slight environmental edge over CFLs and a significantly lower environmental impact than incandescent lighting over the lifetime of the products.
LED Manufacturing and Performance found that that the energy these lighting products consume during operation makes up the majority of their environmental impact, compared to the energy consumed in manufacturing and transportation.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Legislation Moves in Congress
- Arizona City Selects EnergyCAP for Utility Tracking
- Honeywell, Nest Lead Smart Thermostat Market
- Henderson State University Enters Phase 2 of ESPC
- Willamette Valley Utility Customers Save $6.8M on Energy Bills in 2014
- Hubbell Intros Lighting Controller
- 800W DC-DC Converter Boosts Power Density
- How to Think about Energy Efficiency