Does the Language of Sustainability Need to Change?
From the City West Water Trade Waste and Business Resource Efficiency Seminar 2012. In this video, Dan Atkins from The Shaper Group discusses the changing face of business sustainability. There needs to be a change in the mindset where many organizations view sustainability initiatives as costly compliance measures. The business case for sustainability should include opportunities to gain new business, positively impact brand and market positioning, improve operational efficiency and improve product and process innovation.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend