Jet Airways Using IBM Emissons Management
IBM’s IEMS allows Jet to compare flight records and fuel usage data contained in multiple systems ranging from internal aircraft systems to regional navigation data and flight records. Jet’s use of IEMS stems from a 2010 deal in which the two companies signed a strategic 10-year business transformation agreement aimed at streamlining and consolidating Jet’s IT operations.
Under the agreement IBM provides a host of services to Jet Airways, including data center operations, end user services, central helpdesk, network management services, server storage operation, and security services. IBM is also responsible for application management services for the carrier including ERP, flight operation, revenue management, roster and crew management, cargo management, customer relationship information system, aircraft maintenance and operations system, baggage reconciliation system and sales force automation.
After tallying up all of the services IBM provides for Jet, the airline says it is saving $6 million a year.
In May last year, a report by GE Aviation claimed that airlines could save at least $65.6 million annually while cutting carbon emissions and flight times by implementing new flight paths at 46 mid-size airports across the US.
According to the report, which is titled Highways in the Sky, an updated air traffic management system operating to reduce delays, improve efficiency and reduce the environmental impact of flying would yield an annual cumulative savings at the 46 facilities amounting to 12.9 million gallons of jet fuel; 274.6 million pounds of CO2; 747 days of flight time; and $65.6 million in fuel savings (calculated at 2009 fuel costs), maintenance and crew costs.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment