Autodesk Offers New Cloud-Based, Pay-As-You-Go Design Simulation
Autodesk, Inc. has unveiled Autodesk Simulation 360, a set of tools delivered securely in the cloud with a pay-as-you-go pricing model that enables companies to make simulation part of their everyday design and engineering processes.
With Autodesk Simulation 360, designers, engineers and analysts can more easily predict, optimize and validate the “performance of things in the world around us,” the company says. The virtually infinite power of the cloud allows complex engineering tests that were once limited to simulation specialists to be performed by mainstream designers.
–Product designers can test how various ergonomic designs of furniture, such as chairs, will accommodate and adapt to differing body types and levels of use well before the piece is ever manufactured.
–Manufacturers can understand the heat generated by electronics devices enabling them to design-in proper cooling, avoid overheating and help prevent costly consumer recalls.
–Architects and engineers can gain deeper insight into how buildings, including plants, will perform by simulating air flow to help ensure thermal comfort, analyze environmental effects on bridges and buildings, and test the behavior of structural materials including concrete, all before anything is ever built.
Autodesk Simulation 360builds upon the Autodesk 360 cloud-based platform.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters