Autodesk Offers New Cloud-Based, Pay-As-You-Go Design Simulation
Autodesk, Inc. has unveiled Autodesk Simulation 360, a set of tools delivered securely in the cloud with a pay-as-you-go pricing model that enables companies to make simulation part of their everyday design and engineering processes.
With Autodesk Simulation 360, designers, engineers and analysts can more easily predict, optimize and validate the “performance of things in the world around us,” the company says. The virtually infinite power of the cloud allows complex engineering tests that were once limited to simulation specialists to be performed by mainstream designers.
–Product designers can test how various ergonomic designs of furniture, such as chairs, will accommodate and adapt to differing body types and levels of use well before the piece is ever manufactured.
–Manufacturers can understand the heat generated by electronics devices enabling them to design-in proper cooling, avoid overheating and help prevent costly consumer recalls.
–Architects and engineers can gain deeper insight into how buildings, including plants, will perform by simulating air flow to help ensure thermal comfort, analyze environmental effects on bridges and buildings, and test the behavior of structural materials including concrete, all before anything is ever built.
Autodesk Simulation 360builds upon the Autodesk 360 cloud-based platform.
Energy Manager News
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency