Retroficiency Remotely IDs $2.3m Potential Energy Savings for Liberty Property
The tool remotely identified 25 million kWh savings potential, across lighting, heating, cooling, controls and plug loads, using a year’s worth of electric energy interval data and an address for each building. Virtual Energy Assessment allows energy managers to identify potential savings without ever visiting a building or installing specialized hardware.
Retroficiency then prioritized the portfolio by energy savings potential and made recommendations on potential operational and capital retrofit improvements. The entire assessment was completed in less than a day, or just minutes per building.
Liberty Property Trust’s senior property manager Dennis Skelly said the analysis has already produced energy savings, but didn’t give specifics.
The trust won a 2012 Energy Star Partner of the Year award for its energy management approach and savings accomplished in 2011, including reducing its average weather normalized source energy intensity by six percent, which equates to an estimated energy savings of $1.3 million, and earning Energy Star certification for 26 buildings, for a cumulative total of 78 certified buildings representing 10.8 million square feet of space. In 2011 the company also invested more than $4.2 million to complete more than 160 energy efficiency projects.
In June, CLEAResult, a company that designs and implements utility energy efficiency programs, announced it will use Retroficiency’s Automated Energy Audit to reduce the time required to audit hundreds of buildings. The companies expect the software to cut CLEAResult’s audit expenses by 80 percent for its 200 utility programs in 25 states.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant