The North Face, Wrangler Parent Company To Use Schneider Electric EMS
VF Corporation has announced it will use Schneider Electric’s online energy management and sustainability platform to track energy, water and emissions data across all of its brands including The North Face, Timberland and Wrangler.
The software platform, Resource Advisor, is an online tool that provides users access to energy and sustainability data, reports and summaries, and ties predictive energy cost modules to project prioritization and portfolio-wide diagnostics. Resource Advisor also creates invoices, recommends energy procurement opportunities and generates demand reduction project reports.
The technology will allow VF to view its sustainability activities by country, product or brand, as well as from an enterprise level, which VF says will help it track the effectiveness of these activities, and reduce costs and resource impacts.
VF’s more than 30 brands also include Vans, Lee, Nautica, 7 For All Mankind, Bulwark, Eagle Creek, Eastpak, Ella Moss, JanSport, Kipling, Lucy, Majestic, Napapijri, Red Kap, Reef, Riders, Splendid and Smartwool.
In a January study of more than 30 of its member companies including VF, the Retail Industry Leaders Association’s first Retail Sustainability Report found retailers and manufacturers are gravitating towards smaller stores and distribution centers to reduce energy use, create transportation efficiencies and support communities.
This month, Schneider Electric bought SolveIT Software, an Australian scientific software provider specializing in supply and demand chain optimization and predictive modeling.
Also this month, a Pike Research report named Schneider as an industry leader in smart building energy management. Pike said the worldwide market for these services — which include data acquisition and analytics, as well as building maintenance contracts — will grow from $291 million in 2012 to $1.1 billion by 2020.
Energy Manager News
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016
- In Washington State, a New Rate Is Approved for Cryptocurrency Server Farms
- El Paso Electric Files Unopposed Settlement in Texas Rate Case
- PACE Financing Makes Progress but Still Encounters Opposition
- Grand View: Datacenter Cooling Market Worth $17.78B by 2024
- Idaho Opens First Solar Farm
- What You Need To Know About Green Insulation: Green Seal’s New Standard
- Obama Administration to Provide Up to $4.5 billion in Loan Guarantees for Electric Charging Stations