Coca-Cola Enterprises to Invest in PET Recycling Plant, Recycling Research
Coca-Cola Enterprises, which produces, markets and distributes Coca-Cola products in Western Europe, is investing 6.5 million euros ($8.4 million) in a PET recycling facility and introducing research aimed at influencing consumer recycling behavior.
CCE is establishing a new joint venture in France with PET recycler APPE to boost the capacity of its plastics reprocessing facility by 70 percent. The venture will invest in a new line at APPE’s existing recycling facility in Beaune, France and fund the trial and introduction of new technology. Once the upgrades are complete, the plant should recycle 20,000 additional tons of plastic into food-grade packaging per year, CCE says.
The company is also funding a unique research partnership to explore how strategies aimed at changing consumer consumer behavior can improve at-home recycling rates in Great Britain and France, and increase the number of bottles entering the recycling stream.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform