Coca-Cola Enterprises to Invest in PET Recycling Plant, Recycling Research
Coca-Cola Enterprises, which produces, markets and distributes Coca-Cola products in Western Europe, is investing 6.5 million euros ($8.4 million) in a PET recycling facility and introducing research aimed at influencing consumer recycling behavior.
CCE is establishing a new joint venture in France with PET recycler APPE to boost the capacity of its plastics reprocessing facility by 70 percent. The venture will invest in a new line at APPE’s existing recycling facility in Beaune, France and fund the trial and introduction of new technology. Once the upgrades are complete, the plant should recycle 20,000 additional tons of plastic into food-grade packaging per year, CCE says.
The company is also funding a unique research partnership to explore how strategies aimed at changing consumer consumer behavior can improve at-home recycling rates in Great Britain and France, and increase the number of bottles entering the recycling stream.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Tesla’s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haul’s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries