Peco Ditches Sensus Smart Meters, Resumes Installation in PA
Peco Energy has said it will resume its Philadelphia-area smart-meter installation project, which the company suspended in August after several incidents in which the electronic devices overheated and caught fire.
The utility company is, however, ditching meter manufacturer Sensus, whose devices were linked to two serious house fires in which no one was hurt. Peco says it will resume its meter installation work with Landis+Gyr (L+G) meters, and replace the 96,000 previously installed meters with L+G meters during the next 45 days.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls