Peco Ditches Sensus Smart Meters, Resumes Installation in PA
Peco Energy has said it will resume its Philadelphia-area smart-meter installation project, which the company suspended in August after several incidents in which the electronic devices overheated and caught fire.
The utility company is, however, ditching meter manufacturer Sensus, whose devices were linked to two serious house fires in which no one was hurt. Peco says it will resume its meter installation work with Landis+Gyr (L+G) meters, and replace the 96,000 previously installed meters with L+G meters during the next 45 days.
Read more at Energy Manager Today.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array